The Partnership on Culture and Cultural Heritage in the Urban Agenda for... Continue reading
about the PARTNERSHIP ON CULTURE and cULTURAL HERITAGE
Cultural heritage is a resource and an opportunity for urban development. Against this background, the Partnership on Culture and Cultural Heritage in the Urban Agenda for the EU was created in November 2018. The Partnership consists of 30 multi-level members and is coordinated by Germany (the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community) and Italy (the Italian Agency for the Territorial Cohesion, jointly with the Italian Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Cultural Activities).
The Partnership proposes an integrated and coherent approach to use culture and cultural heritage to develop urban development policies aimed at preserving and promoting the cultural identities of the physical city and its inhabitants, to achieve the EU's cohesion objectives. The Partnership has identified seven main topics (five sectoral and two transversal) as major focus areas.
1. Cultural tourism
2. Creative and cultural sectors
3. Transformation, adaptive reuse and urban reconversion
4. Resilience of cultural and natural heritage
5. Cultural services and culture for inclusive cities
6. Financial sustainability and funding
7. Interdisciplinary and integrated approaches for governance