202128may3:00 pm5:00 pmVirtual EventFRH Conference 2021: Europe's living religious heritageEvent 1: "Continuity in Function or Use"Barcelona, Spain Event Organized By: Future for Religious Heritage (FRH)
Format The format of the conference will include: 4 separate events, lasting 2 hours each that will take place in different locations across
The format of the conference will include:
- 4 separate events, lasting 2 hours each that will take place in different locations across Europe.
- The events will follow the four conference sub-themes of the main conference theme “Europe’s Living Religious Heritage”.
- Each event will be a TV studio-style panel of three distinguished guests and a moderator that will be live-streamed online.
The topics of the events will be based on the four subthemes of the conference:
- Event 1:”Continuity in Function or Use” (28 May 2021 – Barcelona, Spain)
- Event 2: “Continuity in Community Connection /Community and Dialogue” (September 2021 – Bologna, Italy)
- Event 3: “Continuity in Evolving Cultural Expressions” (October 2021 – Halle, Germany)
- Event 4: “Continuity in Care and Safeguarding” (November 2021 – Brussels, Belgium)
The FRH Biennial Conference aims to stimulate a real debate on the usage of Europe’s religious heritage and to discuss the range of uses available for this heritage and their practical application.
Whether it is used as a place of worship, as a resource for community development, as a space for cultural expression, Europe’s religious heritage deserves our full attention and dedication to its sustainable preservation for communities throughout Europe. The conference will examine issues such as the traditional use of religious heritage sites and their compatibility with being open to the general public.
It will address the case of ‘Heritage for All’, or the potential for inclusiveness of religious monuments and the adaptations this implies for this heritage. It will underline the importance of an inter-religious dialogue of knowledge for the better reuse of a heritage marked by its primary religious use. Finally, a light will be shed on the ‘museumisation’ of religious heritage, an interesting model in many ways for publicising the treasures of religious monuments.
Registration for Event 1: “Continuity in Function or Use” (28 May 2021 – Barcelona, Spain) can be found here.
For further information please contact: [email protected]
Virtual Event Details
Event has already taken place!
(Friday) 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Future for Religious Heritage (FRH)