202201junAll DayCall for Presenters: 15th International Conference for Cultural Tourism in EuropeRelaunching European tourism through cultural heritage & digitalisation Event Organized By: European Cultural Tourism Network
The 15th Conference for Cultural Tourism in Europe will be held in Krk, Croatia, on 19-22 October 2022. The 15th ECTN conference with main theme ‘Relaunching
The 15th Conference for Cultural Tourism in Europe will be held in Krk, Croatia, on 19-22 October 2022.
The 15th ECTN conference with main theme ‘Relaunching European Tourism through Cultural Heritage and Digitalisation‘ will discuss the latest trends in the field of culture, heritage and sustainable tourism, including innovation, digitalisation, creativity and cultural tourism product development. The emphasis will be on the important role of cultural heritage and digitalisation in relaunching the European tourism, following the pandemic crisis since 2020. It is aimed to have a real event in Croatia.
The conference aims to explore major challenges, risks and opportunities for sustainable and responsible tourism development related to culture and heritage assets, as well as suggest practical steps for the development and promotion of cultural tourism products. The theme encompasses all forms of culture, including contemporary cultural expressions and all forms of cultural heritage.
Presenters are invited to showcase relevant experience, share their best practices, give detailed examples and provide practical recommendations to preserving, restoring, deploying and promoting culture and heritage values, with innovations for sustainable and responsible tourism development. The relaunching of European tourism sector is of particular interest in the 2022 Conference.
The conference is organised in close cooperation with ECTN members.
The submitted Abstracts should address at least one of the following topics linked to cultural and heritage tourism:
- Cooperation between Museums and Cultural Heritage Sites (including European Heritage Label sites), in relation to the ‘ReInHerit’ Horizon2020 CSA
- Medieval Heritage and Archaeology (supported by EAA – European Association of Archaeologists)
- Digitalisation in Sustainable Cultural Tourism, towards Smart Destinations
- Transnational Thematic Tourism Products, including European Cultural Routes (involving at least two countries)
- Promoting European Heritage to Young Visitors and Travellers (in the framework of the ‘European Year of Youth 2022’).
Submission deadline: 1 June 2022.
- There will be no delegate fees for selected presenters attending the Conference (one person per selected presentation)
- Participants, including selected presenters will have to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation. ECTN cannot cover travel expenses.
- Abstracts and presentations accepted by the Programme Committee of the Conference may be published online with author’s approval.
- A post-conference study tour in Krk/Rijeka is being planned and selected presenters will be invited.
- The Awards ceremony of the ECTN prize for ‘Destination of Sustainable Cultural Tourism 2022’ will take place in conjunction the Conference. The 2022 ECTN Awards are in partnership with Europa Nostra, the European Travel Commission and NECSTouR, supported by the European Association of Archaeologists (EAA) and Interpret Europe – European Association for Heritage Interpretation.
E-mail: [email protected]
Submit your abstract here.
- The Conference language will be in English
- Official language for Abstracts: English
- Abstracts are to be submitted online (maximum 500 words)
- All abstracts will be judged by the Conference Programme Committee
- Selected Abstracts (title or presentation, author, organisation) will be included in the Conference Programme
- Presentations (maximum 20 slides) including video (2 – 3 minutes) are encouraged (15 minutes maximum).
- Closing date for submission of Abstract: 01 June 2022
- Submission approval: 15 July 2022
- Presentation submission: 20 September 2022
- The Conference: 20-21 October 2022
ECTN cannot cover travel expenses for selected presenters, but delegate fees will be waived for one person per presentation.
ECTN members have 2 free places.
ECTN is not responsible for arranging visas for delegates or journalists to attend the Conference.
All Day (Wednesday)
European Cultural Tourism Network