Every year, the European Heritage Days invites communities in Europe to share their stories about Europe’s cultural heritage. This year, 81 stories from across Europe were submitted. Eleven stories were selected for a grant award up to €10,000.
The selected stories are:
- Slovenia: A hidden gem in Slovenia – Franja Partisan Hospital
- United Kingdom: Little Portugal street party – A Celebration of Great Yarmouth
- Cyprus: CVAR – A route to our shared cultural heritage
- Portugal: Heritage carers
- Italy: Commonlands – A history of community participation
- North Macedonia: Grandma March Day – Children creative workshops
- Germany: RomArchive – The digital archive of the Roma
- Spain: A tale of a river
- Cyprus: Home for cooperation – An unsuspected space in-between, breathes hop
- United Kingdom: Drainspotting – A European story, made in Sheffield
- Georgia: One name, one life, one sign
The European Heritage Days are a joint action of the Council of Europe and the European Commission. The call for European Heritage Days Stories aims to identify the European dimension of heritage sites and heritage work undertaken by communities in Europe. The call was launched as an activity of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018 and to support the European Framework for Action on Cultural Heritage.
Read the publication on the call here and read about the selected stories here.
Read more on the European Heritage Days, or click on a tag below.